Animal Care Technician
We are currently looking to hire a part time animal care position.
Here's what you'll do:
· Takes care of all animals in the building: cleaning, feeding, grooming, training, socializing, exercising etc.
· Administers certain medications & vaccinations (with veterinary approval only) and checks for illness.
· Keeps animal files up-to-date.
· Makes sure all animals are vaccinated and ready for adoption in a timely manner (i.e. vaccinated, wormed, blood tests).
· Evaluates the animal’s health and temperament and updates the Animal Care Administrator on a daily basis.
· Assists with veterinary checks.
· Maintains cleanliness and organization in animal rooms, back hallway, food preparation room, outside kennel runs and other assigned areas of the building.
· Performs euthanasia when certified or assists in euthanasia by holding an animal.
· Launders and washes bowls, litter pans, towels, animal beds, carriers, etc.
· Socializes with the animals and gives the animals love and affection.
· Trains, encourages, motivates and provides positive guidance to volunteers for the Humane Society of Greater Dayton.
· Represents the Humane Society as a professional.
Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and have basic knowledge of animals, proper care of animals, husbanry, and disease of dogs and cats. An ideal canidate will have the ability to use animal equipment, such as snares, poles, nets, medications, traps, needles and syringes.
If you are interested in this position, please send letter of interest and resume firstname.lastname@example.org or drop them by the store. No phone calls please.
The Humane Society of Greater Dayton is an equal-opportunity employer.
No jobs that fit your skills? Please visit our volunteer page to learn about other ways to become involved with the organization.
Updated September 2014